Hey whats up hello, I want to do a video blog but I can't talk to save my life
So I got my wisdom teeth out like a few hours ago but I need to do this blog post and my mouth hurts if anyone was wondering. I'll be back in a second...
Ok, I just took one of my pain pills because my face hurts so bad.I imagine the first half of my blog will be Dr.Jekyll and the second half be all Mr.HYDE !!!!!!
Ok now for this killer analysis of how each character is introduced...
So this story to me reads like on of those old detective movies that are narrated by the detective and are in black and white. Okay, this world is spinning and I'm a little loopy...
Mr.HYDE
I choose the passage "From chapter 1, where the text starts: He is not easy to describe..., ending with ...and yet I really can name nothing out of the way."
Dr. Jekyll
I will choose the passage- "From chapter 3, where the text starts: To this rule..., ending with This is a matter I thought we had agreed to drop."
I don't want to cite anything cuz I can't get sued for copyright I have like 12 dollars
COMPARE AND CONTRAST
In the Hyde, passage Utterson opens up and the author makes an interesting choice in language when he's describing Hyde for the first time. He does this by not really using any physical descriptors. " He gives a strong feeling of deformity" but actually doesn't describe anything of the physical nature. This is starkly differant from the way that Jekyll is introduced. There are alot of physical descriotr and everything is in a more postive light. Ive read ahead and this whole book is an allegory for good vs bad. How we start doing the things we want its harder to return to the norms that are set in by soceity.. wow so deep. The speech used to descibed is simialr in a sense, Stevenson used alot of puncutaution to show that Utterson is making this description fast, its incomplete sentances that run on for a little.
POEM TIME

Definitely agree with the "film noir" elements you see!
ReplyDeleteSome good analysis, but more needed; additionally, be sure you use specific literary terminology (necessary in your FOA and in Paper 1)